Thursday 30 April 2009

Daniel Champion Brut Reserve


Name: Daniel Champion Brut Reserve
Colour: White
Country: France
Region: Champagne
Year: NV
Producer: Daniel Champion
Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier
Alcohol: 12%

Purchase Price: EUR 13 (Direct from producer)

Notes:
Maker's tasting notes – Made with the traditional grapes from our terroir, cellared for 5 years. The pinot noir makes this wine an exclusive reserve for connoisseurs.

Somnambulist's verdict: (apologies if I have brutalised the translation from French above) – I visited Champagne Champion a while back having tried their wine on recommendation, and was made extremely welcome, tasting all they had to offer! Le Millesime is the pick of the bunch, but this Reserve, at EUR 13 a bottle (before bulk discount!) is a steal. It’s smoother than the regular Brut (which is a little too apple-y for me), with subtle fruits, smokey and fresh, with a biscuit finish. I wrote ‘apple crumble’ on my notes, which I assume was either a summary or my dessert option :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment